BNS Crop tops bring attention to the waist, so styling them can be daunting. But it is important to remember that wearing a crop top doesn’t necessarily mean you should expose your midriff always. A crop top is for any girl, any size. It all depends on how you put it together with other elements of your outfit.
* Here are few points to remember and some outfit ideas to help you wear crop tops without missing out on the fashion quotient
* If you are not too comfortable showing off your waist, or don’t have the body type for it, the best way to wear crop tops is with high waisted pants or skirts. Pair a long-sleeved crop top with high-waisted trousers and pumps for work. And a shimmer crop top with a flowy maxi skirt is a perfect party outfit.
* Make sure the bottom wear fits you well and is comfortable enough, with enough room to move. Ill-fitting bottom wear can be pretty awkward when paired with crop tops during the times you bend, turn or move around too much.
* If you do boast of those washboard abs or a perfect waistline, you can go ahead and flaunt them a little by wearing crops with mid-rise bottom wear like skirts, skinny jeans and shorts. But keep such outfits restricted to casual occasions. A striped crop top paired with denim shorts will work great as a vacation outfit.
* Another fail-proof way to wear crop tops is by layering them over a long button-down shirt or under a cosy shrug. Pair this with your favourite jeans. Take the outfit to the next level by throwing on a statement necklace.
* Crop tops now have their ethnic versions too. A perfect fusion outfit would be to wear a crop top with ethnic prints and motifs over a matching floor-length ethnic skirt. Perfect for a friend’s wedding. Don’t you think?